Friday 29 October 2010

Chelsea Bun

The Chelsea bun  is a type of currant bun  that was first created in the eighteenth century at the Bun House in Chelsea, London, an establishment favoured by royalty and demolished in 1839. The bun is made of a rich yeast dough flavoured with lemon peel, cinnamon or a sweet spice mixture. Prior to being rolled into a square spiral shape the dough is spread with a mixture of currants, brown sugar and butter. 
This was the most delicious we had ever eaten...bought at the local Farmers Market.

2 Comments:

Blogger longneys said...

Looks delicious although I prefer my buns with apples. I definitely wouldn't say no to this one, especially if it was hot.

1 November 2010 at 01:20  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh my god...that looks amazing! It made me so hungry....until I scrolled down to the spider! :)

3 November 2010 at 03:07  

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment upon any of my photos posted here. I learn from criticism and improve with compliments!

To leave a comment please click on the downward arrow in the comment box and select "anonymous" if you don't have an i.d. listed. Please leave your name along with your comment. THANK YOU

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

hit counter
free web counter